Monday 20 August 2012

August 2012 Glossybox

I received my August Glossybox today (little later than normal but that was my fault - I'd received a new bank card & forgot to update the D/Debit details).  Mixed reviews - most of it I'm happy with, I know others have had a lot of complaints with this months box.

This box theme was "International Superstars" and in my box I got the following items:


Read on for my breakdown of each one :) xx



----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alessandro Pro White


Retails at £7.85 for 10ml - I'd say this is a full size product.
Haven't tried it yet but it states it will "neutralise discolourations on the nail surface, making for brilliant white and glossy nails" so i'm looking forward to trying that out.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

Retails at £18.50 for 200ml - sample is 30ml so averages at about £2.78
I LOVE this.  I have tested it on my hand so far and it was so soft and removed the make up brilliantly.  I have a feeling I will be making a purchase of this one :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Broadway Nails:

This is another Full Size product, retailing at £7.99

24 Nails that you press on - I have gel nails on at the moment but once they are off I will try these out & get back to you.  They certainly look pretty :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Vera Valenti eyeshaddow pallette:

RRP £3.85 - Full size product.

This is something I would not even give to a small child!!!!!

Glossybox claim to give you "the latest trends in beauty" - this looks like something you'd have bought in the 1980's!!  

Ridiculous product.  
Not only are the colours horrible it just looks cheap & nasty.  

I've tried it out (on my hand) and the lighter colours don't show up at all.. the darker ones do but who wears green eyeshaddow?!?!?!?!

Definitely the worst thing I've received from GB :(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lipcote

 Retails at £3.99 for 7ml - another full size product.
I've wanted to try this but never really felt a big urge to buy it so I'm happy to receive this and give it a go.

See below for how this was when tried out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Glossybox Lipstick in Glossy Pink


RRP: £9.50 - Full size product
I have no problem with this being a "Glossybox" product - mainly because counting up the box items I think it is an extra gift.  As you can just see from the photo mine was slightly bashed which is a shame.


My friend and I tried this out... one with the lipcote, one without.  

The lipstick is VERY pink, probably wouldn't be a colour I would wear but it goes on nicely.  The lipcote stings a bit to go on but that soon dies down - you also have to keep your lips apart til it dries so they don't stick together and avoid licking your lips - it does NOT taste good.  

Not much difference is appearance or staying power just to look at it.  HOWEVER, when drinking it will definitely last longer.  Will be a handy little product to now add to my bag on nights out :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall value in the box:

Alessandro Pro White      £ 7.85
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil   £ 2.78
Broadway Nails               £ 7.99
Vera Valenti                   £ 3.85
Lipcote                          £ 3.99
Glossybox Lipstick           £ 9.50

** £36.07 **

I definitely think the Glossybox lipstick was there to "bump up" 
the value though so is it right to include this?

Taking out the Glossybox lipstick the value would be only £26.57

I'd give this August box a "so-so"!

If they were all like this I would definitely be rethinking my subscription!!

I actually don't even think this box was that bad but the god awful eye-shadow tainted my opinion of the whole thing.  

I'm only on box 4 and I've been very happy previously so will persevere with Glossybox for the time being.




2 comments:

  1. Hey I received the same as you but my nail design was different. Welcome to blogging, please check out my blog if you ever have the time xoxo. http://pureenlightenedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Purity - Many thanks for your comment & for taking the time to read my blog - I am new to this but I will definitely check out your blog too :) xx

      Delete